Monday, February 10, 2014

The Wolf Among Us Episode 2 Review

Where do I begin? First off, why are you even here reading this review? Haven't you already played through episode 1? What other confirmation do you need to know you should be buying this game right now! I mean wow. This game is very cool. With a unique cast of characters, a story that is always entertaining and keeps the player constantly on their toes, The Wolf Among Us is the sleeper hit of 2014 so far.

Everyone was rambling on about how The Walking Dead was game of the year and blah blah blah, but the truth is TWAU is so much better overall. Granted the aesthetic is the same and both games are very well voice acted, its the tone and the relationship that the character have with one another that really brings this game a step up from Telltale's last adventure.  Every person you encounter in this games warped city is a creepy, but awesome take on some of history's greatest fairy tale characters. Big Bad Wolf as sheriff? The Woodsman a drunk has been? You'll play through this games and see a characters you used to read about as child and be amazed at how each person is so much different from how you remember them. And that's a good thing.












It may seem like I'm giving the cast of characters all the shine, but the real hero here is the story. The thing that made The Walking Dead great was how heavy each choice was you had to make, and with only seconds to decide how to react it gives the game an extra sense of realism on how you'd actually choose. With great character development considering how short the episodes are, and an amazing intertwining story to connect everyone together, this is definitely $5 worth spending. Before I played The Walking Dead for the first time, I was very skeptical of the point and click genre, even to the point of not considering them actual games. And I was wrong. I'm glad I stepped outside my comfort zone, and Im glad I tried The Wolf Among Us. Mixing noir elements to our favorite children tales, the story never lets up from beginning to end, and if I had one complaint its that I wish the episodes were longer and the wait between them shorter.

No comments:

Post a Comment